Bible Journal: 1 Corinthians 15:51-55 | Commercially Alternative

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Bible Journal: 1 Corinthians 15:51-55


1 Corinthians 15:51-55

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

I just love anything in scripture referring to the rapture and end-times prophecy. I find it fascinating. So of course these verses popped out this week.

I believe we are very close to all being fulfilled and accelerating towards that end at a terrifying rate. It could happen any time; now, a few years, or even one hundred! Nevertheless, there is nothing that needs to be fulfilled before God removes His bride, all those who have accepted Jesus as their Savior. Every day I look forward to the rapture and spending all of eternity in the presence of Jesus Christ my Lord.

For the record, I believe in a pre-tribulation rapture.

Whenever I read verse 52, “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound,” I think of the Feast of Trumpets or Rosh Hashanah. It is the fifth feast of the year and the next in line that Jesus has not fulfilled yet. I could be wrong, but I find it an interesting connection.

Two passages refer to the rapture: I Corinthians 15:51-58 and I Thessalonians 4:13-18.

Pastor Wayne Turner of Bible Track gives us the details as follows:

  • Jesus descends from Heaven (I Thessalonians 4:16) (but he does not come down to earth at this time, this isn’t the Second Coming)
  • The dead in Christ rise first (I Thessalonians 4:16)
  • Living Believers rise next (I Thessalonians 4:17)
  • Not everyone will die, but all Believers will receive a glorified body (I Corinthians 15:51)
  • The process is instantaneous (I Corinthians 15:52)
  • From that time forward Believers will never again be separated from Jesus Christ (I Thessalonians 4:17)

Here is a Prophecy Timeline graph from Bibletrack.org from a Pre-trib view:


Questions for my readers:

Do you believe in the Rapture? Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Or do you believe in something completely different?

If you have any questions or comments about anything, don't hesitate to leave a post in the comment section or send me an email through the Contact Me page above!

No comments:

Post a Comment