Yup! I got married! It is crazy how planning a wedding consumes your whole life. The wedding turned out amazing and I am so happy with my new husband.
- Complete my Victorian corset - Yes! It turned out lovely. I never made a blog post on it, but I did post a picture on my tumblr here. It needs some work, but I am more than pleased with it for my first corset.
- Complete my steampunk bustle skirt - Nope. I got it all cut out, but no matter what needle I used, my taffeta fabric would snag and run. So I gave up
- Sign up for a sewing class in the Fall semester - I did do this. I signed up for pattern drafting, but with the wedding being in the fall I was so busy I had to drop the class before even beginning.
- Wear a costume to Comicon - Nope. Comicon was super lame this year as well. Big disappointment. There weren’t even any lolita panels!
- Exercise at least twice a week - Not at all! Strangely enough, lost a whole lot of weight due to stress though. Not exactly healthy…
- Blog twice a month - Yeah… no on this one as well.
- Learn how to use a serger - *sigh* This one I’m really disappointed in myself to say I have yet to use my serger. It still sits, never been used. I just did not have time this year.
One out of seven. Oops!
This year, my blog will be a little different. While I still like lolita, I just don’t really have any interest in trying to wear it anymore. I will still reblog plenty of classic lolita outfits on my tumblr if anyone is interested. Thus, Commercially Alternative will become a sewing blog for my outfits and costumes. It makes me a little sad to say, I had hope Commercially Alternative would be the site I longed for when I first got into lolita. A place that would find good commercial patterns for lolita use, and give instructions on how to alter them. However, I still want to blog about my growing skill in sewing. I hope you all stick with me!
My goals for 2015
- Complete a 50s style dress - I got a fluffy light pink Malco Modes 582 petticoat for Christmas this year! It really needs a dress to go with it.
- Complete an Italian Renaissance dress - Probably not going to be historically accurate, but it’s something I would like to try.
- Blog twice a month - I hope to accomplish this by planning out my projects better so I have something to right about without huge dry spells
- Exercise twice a week - Got to get healthy! I have been eating nothing but fudge and eggnog since the wedding.
- Complete 3 additional garments - to be determined
- Learn how to use a serger