The Quest for Purple Eyeliner Part 3 | Commercially Alternative

Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Quest for Purple Eyeliner Part 3

In my first eyeliner post, my dear friend Patty suggested an eyeliner. I went right out and bought one. I was a little concerned that I wouldn't love it because it's a pencil. I'm rather fond of winging out my eyeliner and find such a thing impossible to do with a pencil. Nevertheless, if it was a good purple I was willing to give it a go.

Product
Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Pencil.

Photos of pencils from urbandecay.com

I bought my pencil at Ulta for $19. I was so surprised by the vast array of colors (about 40) to choose from! I had to try most of them out on my hand just 'cause. They had quite a few purples available which really pleased me. My top two choices for purple was Psychedelic Sister and Vice. Urban Decay describes Psychedelic Sister as "bright purple cream, no sparkle or color shift" and Vice is described as "pearly red eggplant shimmer, luminous sheen, no glitter." Now, here I would say that UD and myself have very different ideas of what "shimmer" and "glitter" are. I feel Psychedelic Sister was very shimmery and I would say that Vice had flecks of kind of neon purple and copper glitter. In the end I chose Vice. Although it it wasn't as bright a purple as the Psychedelic, I felt it would go with my eyes better.


 Application
This pencil is extremely creamy. It does exactly what it says and glides on very smooth with little to no tugging on the eye. The product is even wonderful for a winged look. I just got out my gel liner brush and loaded it straight from the pencil. Love it! Now if only I didn't have to use a stupid pencil sharpener...

Wear
This product lasts! At the end of the day, 14 hours later, it was exactly where I left it. I was a little worried that the waterproofness would make it a pain to remove at night, but it wasn't bad at all. The glitter has a tendency to linger into the next morning though.

Color
Amazing! I don't think the pictures do it justice. It was exactly what I was looking for, a wonderful deep purple that truly is a purple.


Conclusion
I absolutely love this product! I am having a hard time keeping my money in my wallet and not buying so many more colors. I would definitely tell everyone to buy this. I am genuinely shocked at just how well this liner performs. Thank you so much, Patty, for this amazing suggestion!

Is the quest over? I hope not! There are so many different eyeliner types and shades left to try! Metallic? Neon? Glitter? I will continue my search to find the best. ^_^

Update
Turns out either the glitter in the eyeliner irritates my eye or I'm allergic to this product as the next day my eyes are red and awful. Either way, I will not be using Urban Decay eyeliner pencils anymore.

2 comments:

  1. It looks great!!! I'm so glad you liked it. This makes me want to go try some new colors too! What kind of gel liner brush do you use? I usually just use it from the pencil but you got such good precision with the brush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used the brush that came with the Maybelline gel liner I reviewed earlier! Works great with the short and densely packed bristles.

      Patty, did you change you email address? I've emailed you, but haven't heard anything. I'm such a terrible friend, I should just call you! I hope you have the same number. ^^"

      Delete