The Quest for Purple Eyeliner Part 2 | Commercially Alternative

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Quest for Purple Eyeliner Part 2

Product
Wet N Wild Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner



This week's purple eyeliner is Wet N Wild's Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner. It was so cheap I figured why not. I bought it for about $2-3 at Walgreens. Their purple color is called "Plum." This liquid liner uses a brush applicator instead of felt.




Application
The best way to describe it is, "meh." The brush is easier to use than I expected as I'm used to felt tip applicators for liquid liners. Also, the brush quite easily made thin precise lines. However, it only held about enough product for 1/3 of my eye. I had to re-dip the brush multiple times to complete the line. And then when it was on, I had to go over it many times for the color to show. I'm also not a fan that there was no little ball inside the pot to aid in mixing the product when shaking.

Wear
Again, "meh." By the end of an eight hour work day, it really starts to flake off. 

Color
It's actually a very nice purple once you put on enough layers. It's still not quite the pop of color I'm looking for, but it's still rather pretty with tiny flecks of copper. It really is more purple in real life than in the pictures.

Results
Well, as always, you get what you pay for. However, I'm really don't think this was even worth the couple of dollars I spent. 

1 comment:

  1. this purple (or plum, whatever the company wants to call it) is much deeper a colour than the brand in your previous post, it's a shame it doesn't wear well through the day as it's quite striking with your eye colour. best of luck with your quest!

    ReplyDelete