Poll on Future Posts | Commercially Alternative

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Poll on Future Posts

Hello everyone! I’m sorry for a lack of activity. I haven’t even been keeping up with the Lolita Blog Carnival. That last macaron post has actually been sitting around for almost two weeks and I just now got it up. This is because my back has been hurt. I’ve been pretty out of it, going to doctors and physical therapy, and just trying to heal and actually go to work. Things are improving, but very slowly. As a result, sewing is going to be put on hold for some time.

This is quite unfortunate since I had actual Lolita related sewing plans now that my Renaissance Festival Costume is complete. I don’t want this blog to die as I feel it is a wonderful way for me to connect to the rest of the Lolita world. However, this is a sewing blog and I want to keep it that way.

Thus, I would like to post about untested sewing possibilities. The ultimate goal of this blog has always been to use commercial patterns to get Lolita looks. However, I’m not sure how to do this and would like your opinion!

Should I…
  • Find pictures of Lolita dresses I like from stores, blogs, Tumblr, etc and try to find patterns that have similar shapes and detailing to try to recreate the look. Alternatively,
  • Find a pattern that has some Lolita possibilities and discuss how I might go about Lolify-ing it

I’ve created a poll on the right hand side of this page. Please let me know what you think either with the poll or in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. You could intermix cooking posts, as with the macarons, with sewing related posts. Or even try to create foods that represent a lolita theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of those ideas. I think you should do both.

    ReplyDelete