Merry Christmas | Commercially Alternative

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. 



I am so thankful and so in awe to have a God that loves us so much. To come among us, live as a human and experience the trials and wonders of humanity, and then ultimately sacrifice himself to save us from our sins and bridge our separation from God. How amazing is that? 

Recently, our pastor challenged us to create some goals  to allow our relationship with God to grow and not remain stagnant in the coming year. They're like spiritual new year's resolutions. Here are the three I came up with.

1. Read the bible for understanding.

I don't believe in blindly following a religion. I think one should really know what it is you are believing. I think a religion should be able to stand up to study or questioning. I've read the bible on my own before. However, that's a lot to take in! ^^" Recently I've discovered bibletrack.org. There is a daily bible reading with explanation on what is happening and what the bible is saying. It has audio track for you to listen to as you follow along in the post for optimal learning. Now, I don't just want to listen to any ol' person explain the bible. Many religions have the bible, but believe vastly different things. So I've researched the paster who writes this and read his churches statement of faith and it seems that his beliefs align with my own. 

2. What does it mean to worship God? How can I worship God in my daily life?

When my pastor was challenging us with these goals, one of his own was about worshiping God somehow everyday. And it got me thinking, what does it mean to worship God? Is it going to church and singing his praises? Is it volunteering your time to help those in need? Or is it finding time at the end of the day to thank God for all your blessings? Something else or all of the above? So I hope to ponder that this following year and to find time each day to please God. Now, no matter how many good works you do, that is not the path to salvation. "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8-9). But because I'm saved, because I've accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I want to please Him.

3. Gain fellowship with other Christians.

Most of my friends are Agnostic, Atheist, Catholic, you name it, but like… two? believe somewhat what I believe. So… it would be nice to have some more Christian friends. Someone to talk with about spiritual things rather than debating alternative views (as much as I love a good debate). Just like lolitas gathering to share a common hobby, one needs friends of religious like mindedness too. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I didn't think there were any Lolitas with beliefs like mine. Thank you so much for not being afraid to post your beliefs in such a way. I'm so thankful I was able to see it. This may be presumptuous, but I wouldn't mind being a friend of yours. We're "Sisters-in-Christ" already, just haven't met and got to know each other yet. I hope you had a very good CHRISTmas too!

    --

    http://ladylavendersexpressions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so so happy to hear it! Oh, and it's not presumptuous at all! I would love to be your friend. ^_^ Please, feel free to contact me if you ever want to talk.

      Delete