Lolita Blog Carnival: Underrated Colors | Commercially Alternative

Friday, December 21, 2012

Lolita Blog Carnival: Underrated Colors

This week's Lolita Blog Carnival is underrated colors. What colors do you feel are rarely used in lolita and should be used more? Every style in lolita has a go-to color such as black for gothic, pink for sweet, and burgundy for classic. While I adore pretty much every burgundy dress, there is a color I would like to see more of… green.

I think green is a wonderful choice for classic. There are so many types of greens that can be used; bright emerald green, deep forest green, a light sage green, or anything in between. This color also compliments my skin tone the best and makes my own green eyes pop! 

Green does exist in the lolita world and brands release various pieces from time to time. However, I really just don't see it commonly worn in the community. Usually green shows up in the form of a mint colorway, a plaid, or a floral. Here are a few examples from Mary Magdalene, Victorian Maiden, and Innocent World. I felt these were interesting and demonstrated a good range of color possibilities.






For fun, I decided to photoshop a few dresses from four different brands and see how they would look in a green color way. Please excuse my amateur photo editing skills. ^_^" My favorite of the bunch is the Victorian Maiden dress.









What color would you like to see in lolita more? You can see what other lolitas have to say by clicking the links below.





6 comments:

  1. Oh, I like your idea of shooping the photos of other dresses without the colorway to see what it would look like! That is really cool!

    I also adore Emeralds in particular. Chantilly seems to be hopping on the wagon- hopefully there will be more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it!

      Emerald is a wonderful color. And so perfect for this time of year!

      I will have to go look and see what Chantilly has to offer. ^_^

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love greens in Lolita! I would love to have a deep emerald green Lolita dress oneday, the deep greens you've photoshopped look so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I did just a last minute hack job on them, so I'm glad the editing turned out so well. ^_^"

      Delete
  3. I love green! <3 I think lolitas should wear more green, it's such a elegant color. I really like the photoshopped dresses, they all look so pretty, the dark green one from innocent world with the big ribbon is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would absolutely love to own the edited Innocent World one myself. I had a more pale army green for that one at first, but then I accidentally hit a slider and that lovely dark green came out. Yay for happy accidents! <3

      Delete