Lifestyle Lolita Hobbies: Crochet | Commercially Alternative

Friday, November 9, 2012

Lifestyle Lolita Hobbies: Crochet

This week we are continuing the series of lifestyle lolita hobbies I participate in. Yay! This hobby is my newest skill I've picked up, crochet.

I was really surprised at how easy it is to learn crochet. I was taught a couple of months ago by some friends of mine. After quite a bit of confusion in the beginning and some youtube tutorials, I was quickly getting the hang of it. I bought the book, I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting. It has some great pictures and clear instructions. I haven't tried any of the provided patterns yet though.



I especially love how portable crochet is. All you need is your ball of yarn and a hook!

You can make a lot of lovely things with crochet. A lovely crochet shawl or bolero can be the perfect touch to any lolita coord. (Or mori girl!) Here are a few free patterns on ravelry.com! (You will need an account to look at the actual pattern) There are so many free patterns available with this resource for both knitting and crochet.


http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/romantic-bolero
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/small-talk-shawl
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pax
Here are my projects. The first is a scarf. It was the very first thing I made (other than practice squares). I hadn't quite got the hang of it yet. The second half looks so much better than the first since I was learning as I went. I have issues with keeping my tension consistent, too. ^_^ Quite often my stitches are far too tight. So it's a little lumpy. (okay, it's really lumpy) I still have to wash it and weave in the loose ends. The second is a rather ambitious project that I might never complete, a blanket! I'm a fan of quick projects and I'm finding myself getting bored with doing the same thing over and over again without much progress. XD Oh well, we'll see.






And… for something a little nerdy… a Sackboy pattern! (by nerdigurumi.com) 

http://nerdigurumi.com/2010/03/little-big-planet-sackboy-with-pattern.html

No comments:

Post a Comment