Lolita Blog Carnival: My Style Outside Lolita | Commercially Alternative

Friday, October 26, 2012

Lolita Blog Carnival: My Style Outside Lolita

The Blog Carnival continues! This week’s prompt is “my style outside Lolita.” Now, I don’t really have “style” outside of Lolita. Mostly my clothes are generally comfortable and affordable. I had plans to do a complete overhaul of my wardrobe after I got out of school. However, whenever I go into a store my soul aches with the sad state that the current fashion trend is in. I really can’t find anything that I like. Thank you, Lolita, for not allowing me to go absolutely crazy with fashion frustration.

Thus, for this week’s theme I’ve made up some sample collages of outfits I would wear for certain situations.

Work



This type of outfit is what I wear eight hours a day, five days a week. It’s my work outfit. I’m an engineer for a large company. Therefore, practicality is important. I need to be able work with dusty/dirty tools or machines and not worry about ruining an outfit. I also need to be able to sit at a desk all day comfortably. And no cutesy shoes for me. I need to be able to stay on my feet without pain and close-toed shoes are important for lab work. As a female engineer, I also need to be taken seriously. That means no skintight clothing and no cleavage hanging out. I need to show on first impression that I am smart and can do this job just as well as any male. However, that doesn’t mean I have to give up my bright girly colors! I like Aeropostale polos because they are really affordable, super long to fit my long torso, and slightly curvy instead the boxy polos of other brands.

Play



This part of my closet is left over from my college days when I needed to get ready fast when I slept in and run to the bus so I could make it to class on time. It’s mainly Aeropostale graphic t-shirts as they are long, affordable, and quite comfy or super nerdy/geeky t-shirts. I would really like things that are more fashionable for my days off. However, current trends seem to be against me. (Well, I’m against them, anyway. XP) I always try to pair it with a cute pair of flats, though.

Special Occasion



This is my favorite dress that I own. I bought it from Ann Taylor for an amazing deal. I had gone to their clearance rack and they had this dress in a size too big and a size too small. It was wonderfully constructed and fully lined. I wish all clothes were as well tailored and high quality as this. I was about to leave in despair, but I began talking to the sales woman and she suggested that we look and see if another store had it in my size. I didn’t have much hope since it was on a clearance rack to begin with. However, this wonderful woman found it in a store a whole state away and had them ship it to me! (I don’t even think they charged me for shipping, but I could be wrong) It fit like a dream, but, unfortunately, I haven’t had an occasion to wear it. Therefore, it sits in my closet, ready should the opportunity arise. 

Lolita Blog Carnival

Are you interested in what others wear when not in Lolita? Check out these blogs! (Will be updated as more blogs post.) 

Click here for the Facebook group!

No comments:

Post a Comment