Lolita Blog Carnival: Favorite Makeup Tips | Commercially Alternative

Friday, October 19, 2012

Lolita Blog Carnival: Favorite Makeup Tips


Once again, I am writing for the Lolita Blog Carnival. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this project, it is a group of Lolita bloggers. We vote on a topic and then write about it on the same day. This will be my second week participating and I am really enjoying myself. There’s nothing like having a homework assignment with a hard due date to finally get me writing again! And it’s really amazing to see everyone’s creative and individual ideas on the same subject. Last week’s topic was 3 Prints I Would Like to See and everyone came up with such awesome ideas! It’s so wonderful to see people come up with things I would have never thought of myself.

This week’s theme is Favorite Makeup Tips. I really love watching tutorials and learning new skills about makeup. Therefore, I’m really looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say on the matter. As for myself, I’ve never been very creative with makeup. My mom took me to Estee Lauder when I turned 16 and they gave me a makeover and showed me an easy everyday look. I’ve pretty much stuck with that same look for my everyday wear all the way until now that I’m twenty-ish, varying color and/or intensity depending on the situation. 

However, I have learned one thing...

Lasting Eyes with Eye Primers

For quite a few years, I battled with my eye makeup. It just never lasted or looked good. Within a few hours, it would smudge, gather in the creases, or just disappear all together. My super oily skin didn’t help matters any either. Then I spoke with the Lancome sales woman at Macy’s and she had the answer, eye primer. It helps my eye shadow last for hours and I get very little creasing. The product takes forever to run out, too! I’ve been using my current pot everyday for well over a year now and there is still a ton left. It is well worth the money (especially if you purchase it during a special sale — see below) 

Remember: Use clean hands when using this product. Since the product lasts for so long, using dirty fingers will allow bacteria to enter. That’s not a good thing to have sitting around for months on end that you keep applying to your face. Ew!

To apply: put a little bit on your fingertips. The product is tacky so you should rub it between your fingertips to warm it and allow a smooth application. Put some on your eyelids and blend in all over where you are going to put your eye shadow. For best results, seal with a little powder. Alternatively, just start applying your eye shadow (like I do). 




Did you know…

Did you know that makeup brands have how-to videos on their websites? So if you ever want to learn a new technique, just google Lancome, Estee Lauder, MAC, Cover Girl, and more!





Favorite Video Tutorials

I absolutely adore Iiraliina's blog and youtube videos. She is so talented and lovely to boot!





Lolita Blog Carnival

For more makeup tips, here's a list of the other blogs participating in this week's themes. Please, check them out! (Will be updated as more blogs post)

Click here for the Facebook group!

Sweet and Simple

1 comment:

  1. hello! i'm having so much fun on the lolita blog carnival too! i always lose track of time when i'm looking at makeup tutorials on youtube! it's so fun, and i really do learn a lot! :3

    ReplyDelete