Lolita Blog Carnival: 3 Prints I Would Like to See | Commercially Alternative

Friday, October 12, 2012

Lolita Blog Carnival: 3 Prints I Would Like to See


Hello, everyone! I'm so happy to be back. I really want to get into the habit of blogging and sewing on a regular basis. I don't have any sewing projects to share with you yet. However, I was fortunate enough to be able to join the Lolita Blog Carnival! I'm so excited to be able to participate in this amazing project. This is such a wonderful idea for lolita inspiration and to connect lolita blogs that might otherwise remain unfound and unread by many. 


This week's theme is 3 prints I would like to see. Now, I'm not really a fan of prints. (gaspeth!) I like them when I see them and I can remember many times thinking that I would love to have a certain print in my closet. However, when I go to clean out and organize the giant pile of lolita pictures stored on my computer, prints are usually the first to go. I just don't fall in love with them the way I do an exquisitely detailed and versatile solid or floral. So this theme proved to be quite a challenge for me. I hope you all enjoy my questionable tastes. ^_^



Dragons

By Zilleniose on Deviantart

Sweet isn't my style, but if Baby or Angelic Pretty put out a sugary sweet print covered in adorable chibi dragons? I would make it mine. This adorable Toothless was found on Deviantart by Zilleniose.


Twisted and Cute

By ~t-i-l-d on Deviantart

I love things that are slightly twisted and creepy yet very pretty. When I saw this picture on Deviantart by ~t-i-l-d, I knew it was the perfect example. So anything cute, twisted, and a little dark and I'm all on board.


Odin Sphere


Odin Sphere is a lovely 2D game for the PS2. You play through 5 different characters, hearing a different side of the story each time. I really enjoyed this one, however, I never finished as it was getting a little tedious to play and I was only borrowing the game. ^_^" The levels are an interesting setup as the worlds are complete circles. You can travel in one direction and soon wind up in the exact same spot you started at.

Now, can you imagine, a Juliette et Justine painting dress with these circular levels as the skirt? (Especially the forest and fairy levels) I sure can and they would instantly have my money if they did.


I've included a little video so you can see the different characters and a little gameplay of Odin Sphere.


video

Here's a list of the other blogs participating in this week's themes. Please, check them out! (Will be updated as more blogs post)

Click here for the Facebook group!




















6 comments:

  1. Omg, I love the second picture! I would totally wear this ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I especially love the bright red string connecting all of the characters. I see so many possibilities with coordinates.

      Delete
  2. A dragon print would be a pretty amazing thing to have! There are so many different ways you could portray dragons, so they could probably work with any substyle of Lolita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I decided to stick with sweet because of the too precious picture I found, but it would be lovely for any style. I see a more dark dark and sinister outline/abstract for gothic. Maybe hoarding treasure or grasping the bones of its victims. And then a more romantic soft pen/painting with muted colors and nature themes for classic. <3

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness....that toothless is SO cute!!! I would totally wear a dragon printed dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete