Outfit Drawing of the Week | Commercially Alternative

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Outfit Drawing of the Week


I'm really quite fond with how this one turned out. I got the idea after finishing the shorts  details in last weeks Outfit Drawing. My original notebook scribbles were more Rococo influenced with the skirt starting slightly below the waist and a different colored panel down the middle. But I really wasn't satisfied with what I was getting. Then I got the idea to bring in Regency influences instead with an empire waist and the fullness of the skirt gathered in the back. I really see it with a matching bonnet as I think no self respecting Regency woman would be caught without one. However, my drawings of one just seemed strangely disproportional. 

As always, I would love to hear what you all think.


2 comments:

  1. Very elegant! As usual, I love the symmetry of the details -- the flounce in the front is a little preview of the one in the back. But I'll admit, my first reaction to the princess seams was to think how hard it would be to sew! XD

    ReplyDelete