Outfit Drawing of the Week | Commercially Alternative

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Outfit Drawing of the Week

For Valentine's Day my parents gave me the Fashion Angels Fashion Design Sketch Portfolio. How cute are they? Even though I'm far past the age requirement of 6+, I absolutely love it! It is a book full of light outlines of cartoon girls and a set of stencils for you to draw clothes on them. You can use the stencils to mix and match outfits or create your own. It's really the perfect gift as I love to draw out new clothes, but drawing people eludes me. 

To keep my creativity flowing during school when I can't sew anything, I'll try to draw out dream coordinates or design my own once a week. I hope you enjoy my doodles and constructive criticism would be much appreciated. 

Here's my very first creation. I've really been in a boy style mood and I wanted something with a corset in it. I wanted to pair the blue with a blueish grey since you rarely ever see anything other than black pants in boy style lolita.


I just love how she has short hair somewhat similar to mine. ^_^ This is going to be really useful in planning out future designs.

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! I like the juxtaposition of the masculine pants with the curvy figure from the corset. The neck flounce detail is gorgeous too -- would that be attached as part of the shirt or something that you button onto the shirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^

      Hm... I think it would be separate and buttoned on somehow. I wasn't really thinking about that when I drew it. XD

      Delete
  2. Wow, I want that portfolio! The art style is cute, and I love how your sketch came out with it. :D

    I love boystyle so much (especially knickers~), and I definitely agree with Patty. :D I also like how you chose a flower corsage for headwear when you could have easily gone for a hat or somesuch; the corsage echoes the corset, both in color and in the feminine aesthetic. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! ^_^

      You really should get one of these! A local friend of mine is already having me buy one for her. I'm having so much fun drawing up little outfits. Whenever I tried to draw clothes and people before, they always looked odd and out of proportion. But the girl in the background really helps to bring it all together.

      Delete