Headwear Appreciation Post Part 3: Round Headdresses | Commercially Alternative

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Headwear Appreciation Post Part 3: Round Headdresses

Whoever decided to stick a circle of fabric covered in ruffles, lace, ribbons, and bows in their hair was a genius. This is, by far, my favorite thing that lolitas put on their heads, despite how odd it may seem. I feel a good circle headdress sums up the themes presented in a coordinate. They should incorporate elements of the outfit without overpowering one's head. It's a good way to get an older school look that's a little more flattering and versatile than its rectangle counterpart. 

Mary Magdalene



Innocent World


Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Moi-mem-moitie



Please: Don't make your headdress too big! Yikes!


7 comments:

  1. I really like the innocent world one.
    It looks so girly and sweet :)
    You're right about the last one
    It's like a giant fluffy pillow, the kind you see at grandma's house

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! It DOES look like a grandma pillow. XD

    Thank you so much for following my blog! I hope you enjoy it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh the first one is my favorite -- simple and elegant, and looks easy to make too!
    - Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patty! I'm so glad you found a way to comment. ^_^

      The first one's my favorite too. XD

      It does look pretty easy to make. I hope I can figure it out sometime. I was so glad that they had a back view picture of it so we could see.

      Delete
  4. If time allows, you should really try to make your own version of the Mary Magdalene piece S, I'd really like to see your talents branch into accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been starting to see round headdresses a little bit again, and I'm glad. :D Even though bows are really cute, it's nice to see fascinators and round headdresses as a change-of-pace~.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you? That's good! I do love some round headdresses. It seems I'm always behind the times on the lolita scene and have to learn about the trends when someone else blogs about said trends. XD

      Delete