Headwear Appreciation Post Part 2: Rectangle Headdresses | Commercially Alternative

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Headwear Appreciation Post Part 2: Rectangle Headdresses

Nothing says old school like a rectangle headdress. It used to be the headpiece of choice, but, as many of you know, has really fallen out of style. Whether the blame falls on anime, itas, or what have you, lolita is an every evolving fashion with changes and trends. I think that's what makes me fall in love with it over and over again. However, I don't think we should forget about our roots. FYeah Lolita wrote a wonderful article on the Updated Rectangle Headdress. I would really love to see a thin rectangle headdress comeback myself. Although, round headdresses are more my style. We'll look at those next week.

Mary Magdalene




Wish this was on a headband. :/


Victorian Maiden




Innocent World




3 comments:

  1. I personally think headdresses are really cute and I'd like to see them come back into style, especially the modernized, narrower styles~. I'm sure they can't be too difficult to make, either~. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to do a tutorial on making a headdress. First, I have to figure out how to do it myself. XD

    ReplyDelete