Happy New Year! | Commercially Alternative

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

2012 is almost upon us. Thank you so much to everyone who has been reading my blog! 2011 was quite a year and I was blessed in so many ways. I'm a little sad to see it end because 2012 is going to be extremely stressful for me. I'm in my last semester of school. Wow! I never thought it was going to end. My life is going to be filled to the brim with senior classes and projects for the next few months. Then I'm going to enter the scary world of employment! WIsh me luck. 

As per usual for this time of year, I've compiled a little list of my new year's resolutions. I try not to set vague goals such as "improve this" or "do more of that." I find that I am much more successful if I lay out small definite goals that I can check off as completed. 

Lolita
  • Finish my black scoop neck blouse
    • My big hold up with this one is finding 3/8" black lace. I've found some nice ones in cream and white, but not black. I also have to decide which sleeves to use. Some days I lean towards A and others I'm leaning towards B. If you haven't already, please vote on the poll to the right! 
  • Make a hair corsage 
    • I think it would be nice to have some burgundy roses to match the three tiered skirt. 
  • Sew a hair bow
  • Sew a high waisted skirt
    • I have an idea for what I'm going to do for this that I'm really excited about. So look forward to seeing if it really works!
  • Attend a lolita meetup
  • Blog once a week
Life
  • Get all A's
  • Finish school!
  • Exercise once a day 
  • Practice trumpet once a week (hopefully more once school ends)
What about you? Do you believe in New Year's Resolutions? What are they?

2 comments:

  1. I am a big believer in New Year's resolutions after lasts years success! I am trying to make my measurements smaller by eating healthier foods and excercise, draw more pictures and organise an itinerary for my first ever trip t Japan!

    I'm super excited!

    I think NYR's make people reflect on their life and then a chance to better themselves, I think it also fills people with ambition.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!! :D I think you've got good resolutions. :D I often avoid making them because I used to be somewhat unrealistic about it. XD

    I didn't know that you play the trumpet!! That's really cool. :D I played the flute for years. Trumpet-flute duet, yessss~.

    ReplyDelete