Quick Update | Commercially Alternative

Monday, October 10, 2011

Quick Update

Here's a quick update. School just keeps bringing waves and waves of work, so I haven't gotten much done. In addition, Operation JSK has been put on hold in favor of fixing up my blouse. As I've mentioned before, it has a tendency to bunch up over the waistbands of skirts. Even though it's not made out of quality material, it's still a nicely shaped blouse. I want to make it useful until I get around to purchasing some nice fabric to make another one. 
I've been debating with myself on how I wanted to fix this problem. However, most of my ideas seemed to be more effort than this cheapie experiment blouse was worth. I thought of ripping out sections of seams and sewing in waist ties, but I always pushed this idea aside because it just sounded so permanent if something went wrong. Then, a couple of days ago, I noticed something on Innocent World blouses. Their waist ties are detachable! Brilliant! If the waist ties look wrong, or don't do their job and just add bulk I can simply snip off the buttons and have the same old shirt once again!

Example of an Innocent World blouse with detachable waist ties

Hopefully, I can get this ball rolling Friday! (I also hope I have enough leftover fabric *crosses fingers*)

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, good idea! :D Bodyline's bunny-ear blouse has detachable waist-ties, and it's nice because I actually don't really use them on mine, but I can just put them back on whenever I want.

    I would love to see before-and-after photos if you take any pictures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad I'm not just talking crazy talk. ^_^

    Yup, I'm planning on taking before, after, and during construction pictures too.

    I'm glad to finally have a rock solid project to go after. I've been skipping around between so many costuming ideas, I've made absolutely no progress with anything. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how settling down with a project can feel like such an accomplishment; I totally understand. XD I used to (and still occasionally) have problems where I'll alllmoooosstttt get something done, and then I'll stop and start something else. X_X

    The blouse in particular is L009 (http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/showProduct2.asp?id=2973). The buttons are located right *on* the side seams, like, they're in line with the armpits.

    I don't know if it's because how the blouse fits on me, or if it's the design of it, but the buttons are maybe 1cm-or-so above my natural waist.

    The ties themselves are ≈61.5cm long, and they taper a little, so they're a teensy bit less than 4.5cm on the button-hole side, and they're 6cm at the end.

    The button holes are almost 3cm long, and they start around 1cm from the end of the ties.

    I hope this helps! :D I'm so excited about your blouse, especially because I've never heard of someone adding ties to their own blouse. X3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! Even providing the link! I feel better about this not going into it blind. ^_^ I hope it turns out.

    Yeah, I do that too. Start something while I'm working on something else. xD And then it's so so hard to ever finish anything!

    Thank you again for your help!

    ReplyDelete