Introduction | Commercially Alternative

Monday, July 18, 2011

Introduction


Welcome to Commercially Alternative! I’m a classic lolita who doesn’t have an outfit yet. I learned how to sew over a year ago and now I’m going to enter this ruffle-y world by my own skills!

The ultimate goal of this blog will be to share with my fellow lolitas how to turn commercial patterns, such as Simplicity, McCalls, New Look, and so on, into lolita garments. This will be a learning experience for all of us as I’m quite the beginner. I hope that this won’t fizzle out and I can keep this up for an extended period. My short-term goals are to create my first complete lolita outfit and attend my first meet up. My long-term goals are to learn more about sewing and different sewing techniques, create a workable wardrobe, and make some lolita friends.

I hope this blog will inspire both you and me to create beautiful clothes. I also hope those more experienced than I can help me learn and improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment